Turns out those golden tree leaves falling from the sky may be worth their weight in gold.
Even though the value of your beloved trees seems immeasurable, this nifty calculator puts a dollar amount on how much your trees are worth.
While the i-Tree tree benefit calculator sticks to the environmental and economic benefits, trees do so much more good.
Below we’re breaking down the many benefits trees provide us with every day.
Trees Save You Big Bucks.
- Reduce Energy Bills. Trees can reduce energy bills by 30%. In the summer, their shade reduces air conditioning use while in winter trees block wind from sneaking into your warm home. (Arbor Day Foundation)
- Earn $25 Now. Trees planted on the west side of a home can reduce summertime electric bills by $25 a year. (USDA Forest Service)
Trees Bring You Peace.
- Reduce Stress. Spending time in green spaces with trees reduces stress and brain fatigue, which improves concentration. (The British Journal of Sports Medicine)
- Create calm. Trees reduce urban noise by 50%, which is known to cause anxiety, tension, illness or hearing loss in the long term. (USDA National Agroforestry)
Trees Make You Healthier.
- Save Lives. Trees save more than 850 lives each year and prevent over 670,000 cases of acute respiratory symptoms by reducing air pollution. (U.S. Forest Service)
- Recover Faster. Hospital patients with window views of trees need less pain medication and are discharged sooner than patients with treeless views. (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
Trees Help Your Home.
- Boost Curb Appeal. Landscaping that includes mature trees can increase your property value by 20%. (U.S. Forest Service)
- Add Value to Your Home. A mature tree can have an appraised value between $1,000 and $10,000. (Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers)
Trees Create a Better Planet.
- One Tree=$162,250. Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion. (Arbor Day Foundation)
- Ease Climate Change. One single tree removes about 1 ton of carbon dioxide per year while one acre of trees absorbs 2.6 tons annually. (American Forests)
Calculate just how much your tree is worth today! Or, plant a tree this fall and experience trees’ benefits firsthand.