Arbor Day is almost here – just a week away! – and Earth Day is tomorrow.
What better way to celebrate than by getting outside and planting a tree?
The tree you plant today will provide benefits for years to come. We’re talking lower energy bills, a higher curb appeal and improved health for you and the planet.
Plus, when you plant a tree, you simply feel good.
Maximize that feel-good moment this year. Snap a tree picture with the #pics4trees from Earth Day, April 22 to Arbor Day, April 29, and we’ll plant a tree by donating to the Arbor Day Foundation.
How to Plant a Tree with the Snap of a Button this Year
Davey Tree has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to make this Arbor Day even greener.
When you share a tree picture online, we’ll plant a tree! All the details below.
- Snap a Tree Picture. Capture a tree you love, and share it with the world. It can be a picture of a tree you just planted, a tree you’ve had for years or simply any tree you see!
- Share It on Social. Hop on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page, and upload your picture.
- Add the Hashtag #pics4trees. This step is key! We’re monitoring the #pics4trees hashtag all week long. Each time we see a new tree picture with this hashtag, we make another donation to the Arbor Day Foundation!
- Get the Word Out. Share this post, and encourage others to take their own #pics4trees image.
- Feel Good! How easy was that? You just planted a tree – with your smartphone! Over the next 50 years, your newly planted tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion – according to the Arbor Day Foundation.