As we quickly approach the wonderful holiday season, you may plan to spend time with your closest family and friends—and eat a lot of delicious meals. As you prepare your Thanksgiving menu and begin to set the table, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover your trees can help!
Before the temperatures begin to plummet, pay your trees a visit and collect some of their best gifts, including pine cones, acorns and leaves. Then, settle in to the warm indoors and create some simple Thanksgiving crafts to garnish your dining space.
Thanksgiving Craft Idea No. 1: Pine Cone Turkey
- One pine cone
- Tape or glue
- Different colored construction paper
- Trace the shape of a leaf onto the different colored construction paper. Cut each shape out and then cut along the edges to create a feathered look. Fold the construction paper in half to create a crease.
- Trace the body of turkey on a neutral color piece of paper.
- Cut out two black circles for eyes and a beak.
- Attach the turkey’s face on the body with tape or glue.
- Attach the feathers with tape onto the pinecone.
- Attach the body to the front of the pinecone.
- Place the turkey on your table for a colorful accent to your Thanksgiving meal!
Pine cone turkey craft idea credit: shopruche.com.
Want more ideas? Check out our Pinterest page for even more craft projects that use the natural gifts from your trees!